Blogs

Project Log Entry 5: Das Ende

By on

After spending weeks researching the Grimm brothers and searching for public domain images and other media to go along with what I found out, The Enchanted Grimms' Fairytales is finally complete. And surprisingly, putting it all together was much easier than I expected. Although I was terrified earlier in the semester that I would have no idea what I was doing when it finally was time for me to begin putting content in my iBook, the actual making of the iBook went smoothly. I undoubtedly owe it to the selection of articles Dr. Blakesley had us read.

Bye for now Burke

By on

We presented our collaborative iBook today! We used this week to tie up some last minute details with audio and images (making sure they were public domain, etc). We were really excited with how the book turned out and complimented the print copy that was available. We all agreed that if we had more time we would try and figure out how to format the table of contents a little differently and collect more assets regarding Burke's history. We have also been in touch with the editors of "Equipment for Living"- they mentioned putting together a video clip.

Fellowship of The Fowl

By on

Wow I would have never thought how much fun I would have with this project. I truly enjoyed creating my iBook. I am glad I got to do it on something that I am very passionate about and hopefully will teach other the benefits of turkey hunting. I ran into a few issues concerning videos and the correct format for macs. I was able to solve this proble by converting the files on a website I found online. With these being done, the book really came together and added alot more interaction with the reader.

Morte D'Arthur Collaborative Project Group Log 7

By on

Our group met for the last time today before the Showcase on December 6th. Both the epub and ibook versions of our books are completed. Over the last couple of days, Will has finished linking (both ways) the references to the additional TOCs giving us 3 completely linked TOCs. Will is also uploading the final versions into the correct folders for the Showcase tomorrow. I have also added citations for all of our in-text images and a list of chapter illustrations that was added to the beginning of the book.

Group Project Log- WPA Outcome Statements: A Semester Later

By on

We are FINALLY finishing up this group project! The epub has been completed (big thanks to Sam), and I am currently
working on uploading the ibooks format to DropBox. In class today, Rob and I added the final touches: pictures, font
changed, etc. Hopefully everything will be a success at the showcase Thursday after such hard work!

Project Completed - Available Means of Persuasion

By on

Our iba and ibook are uploaded to the Completed Books folder of Dropbox. Today we formatted the Title page, proofread the ibook for errors, and changed the pagination to reflect the paperback book. Yesterday we changed the figure notes beneath images to captions in order to maintain consistency and reduce fluctuation of the body text. The images within the table of contents were loaded and formatted. We appreciate the continued support of our professor who let us keep the current layout of our table of contents.

Project Log: Pianos and Panoramas

By on

I have been neglecting my individual project in favor of my group one in recent weeks, but I made a significant amount of progress over the weekend. I have finalized the overall layout of my iBook, so all that remains is to fill it with as much content as possible. I still have need of a few specific photos that I will probably try to shoot myself this week before the showcase. I have written a good deal of original prose for my book, but it will be difficult to complete the story in a staisfactory manner by the end of this semester.

Outlaws Project Log

By on

The project is now mostly complete. The ibooks version is done except for the last chapter and the epub version is all ready minus the meta data. Once these two aspects of the project are done, then Medieval Outlaws will have a new epub and ibooks version. There are still a lot of tweaks left before its ready for publication though, so I will have to spend some time outlining these problem areas in my submission notes. Overall, this has been a rewarding but challenging project, but I think the end results will be good.

Morte Darthur Project Log 6

By on

Our group is finishing up the iBook version to our book. Our epub was finished this morning when we had to fix some spaces on the copyright page and add the final metadata in Sigil.

We are each inputting the text (from an HTML file) into our assigned chapters as well as adding an image for the chapter title and any other images we might have found. Once Emily finishes the last chapters, Will plans on going through and bookmarking all of the extra TOC references and making them links. This is an additional feature that will be completed if we have enough time.

Pages