Tuesday, November 6
Reminder: Today is election day. No classes meet at Clemson.
Thursday, November 8
- Reading: Select at least one recent article from the course's Feed Aggregator and read it. A response is optional.
- Reading Responses: Comment on the reading responses from Tuesday, and be sure to reply to any comments on your own responses.
On Your Own
- Complete Learning Module 11, which is a group module asking you to export your collaborative project book as an ePub.
- Meet with Dr. B. before or during class about your Individual Project.
For Tuesday, November 13
- Reading: Download either the ePub or PDF version of the free ebook, Publishing with iBooks Author, which is in the Dropbox readings folder (Publishing_with_iBooks_Author.epub or Publishing_with_iBooks_Author.pdf) and review the contents and then read Chapters 1 (Tour) and Chapter 2 (Book Building Basics). (You can also get the book directly from O'Reilly: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025597.do. Note that the book focuses on iBooks Author 1.0.
- Reading Response: Rather than write about the content of this resource, consider the fact that O'Reilly makes the book available for free, with no DRM (Digital Rights Management). What are the advantages for O'Reilly? For readers (besides the obvious, that it's free)? For the authors? Is a "gift economy" sustainable? Why or why not? Use these tags: reading response, gift economy