To get started with your course, you'll also need to complete this third step, which will take a bit more time than the previous two.
Editing your account for the first time
Once you've logged in successfully, you need to edit your account and provide some additional information about yourself.
- Click on my account link on the upper-middle of the page, next to the log out link.
- On the next screen, click on the edit tab.
- On the account settings screen, you can change your username, email address, password, and more.
- Scroll to the Picture area.
- Upload a picture of yourself or avatar (an image that represents you well) that you would use in a public context. You may have to find one and edit in an image editor, so you just try to have this step completed by the end of Week 2. If you need help editing an image, send a copy to your instructor for help.
- Scroll down the page to enter or change information in the Real Name or Contact Information boxes.
- Scroll to the Contact settings region.
- Check the Personal contact form box.
- In the Comment Follow-Up Notifications Settings box, check whether you'd like to receive email notifications when people comment on your posts.
- When you have made all of your changes, click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
That's it! You have completed all the steps of the Getting Started process. If you ever need to change any of the information, you can always edit these pages again.
If you have any trouble along the way, please be sure to let your instructor know.