The editorial team has collected the top four posts from each of our peers, and we have shared the Google Sheet containing those responses with Dr. Blakesley. We have color-coded edited blog posts by editor (green for Jack, purple for Kellie, and blue for Kara) to make it easier to check for consistency and to show which posts still need editing. As of now, we have edited 32 of 44 posts.
Tonight we divided our peers' submissions to determine who will edit which posts. We will look for overall trends, ensure consistency, read for comprehension, check links, and evaluate pictures and screen captures. We plan to have the posts edited for next week.
As we will be producing content for the web (initially, at least), a few things will change for the editorial team.
First, it will be easier to work with links (which we'll still need to ensure aren't broken), images, and notes.
This week we did some research on potential copyright issues raised by the use of screenshots in our book. We didn't find anything concrete pointing to whether this is something to avoid. Some resources said that the use of screenshots does constitute copyright infringement but that most companies/organizations don't pursue any legal action (in part because it isn't worth the cost and in part because it doesn't make sense to sue someone for promoting your product for free).
The editorial team has settled on a modified Chicago style of editing for the book. We have selected a method of listing notes (rather than using footnotes and/or endnotes) and handling citation styles. We have it on our radar that some people may have varied their audiences when writing posts, so we will need to review posts for audience consistency. We deliberated whether we should set a tip number limit for posts/topics, but we haven't come to a conclusion on this yet.