Thursday, March 10
- Techne Challenge 5: InDesign Secrets for Publishers and Authors
- Read: APE Part 3 (Enrepreneur), pp. 261-336.
- You should have your ePub for the Individual Book Project ready for inspection. We will also discuss Kindle and iBook production.
- Collaborative Book Project Team Meetings and Presentations to the Class
- Individual Book Project: Preparing InDesign Files for eBook Production (Kindle/Mobi production)
Resources for Kindle Production
Converting to Kindle Format and Kindle Previewer
Send to Kindle (for testing on a Kindle)
Fixes to ePub for the Kindle Format
Remove/Check TOC (links may not work)
Remove cover image from page 1 if used
Remove image logo at half book title (if any)
Check display of images on Kindle eReader and Kindle Viewer
Activities to Complete by Thursday, March 24
- Design Challenge 5: The Business of Book Publishing
- You should have your Kindle/mobi file for the Individual Book Project ready for inspection. You should also start working on your iBook version.