Day 9: Friday, July 1
All activities and readings should be completed by midnight EDT today. It's best to complete the readings and activities in the order listed because some activities depend on knowledge acquired in earlier steps.
Goals for Today
- Complete peer review of the "Professional Network Profile Including an 'About Me' Story."
- Post the full rough draft of your documentation project for user-testing.
- Post your team's topic proposal for the Technical Case Study
Activities to Complete Today
- Read and respond in a blog post to the professional network and "About Me" story of one (1) of your peers (you can "stake your claim" first with a quick comment, then complete your review). Your peer review should be posted as a comment to the person's posted URL/submission notes.. In your review, respond directly to the author's requests for a response to particular aspects of the network profile, and also address these questions:
- How and why does the network profile stand out from others?
- Do all links function as expected?
- Does the network profile convey a professional ethos? Are there any sections or lines that might be pruned to help ensure this ethos?
- Does the About Me story have the right tone for a professional profile? What can the author do to improve the professionalism?
- Does the network profile include enough examples from the author's portfolio of work? What should the author add?
- What's one thing the author can do to improve the overall quality of About Me story.
- Be prepared to post the full rough draft of your documentation project for user-testing to your blog by Tuesday, July 5 (tag: documentation draft)
- Topic Proposal for Technical Case Study (Step 1): In a blog post (tag: case study topic) identify your topic and a working title, then describe in about 100 words why it's an interesting case. Also list the members of the team by first name or user name. Due: Today, Friday, July 1 (by midnight). All team members should read the post and comment to add details as needed.
- If you haven't already done so, be sure to post 4 comments to the reading responses or learning modules of your peers by midnight today.
On Day 10, you'll celebrate the Fourth of July (no work due). On Day 11, you'll start peer review (user-testing) of Documentation Project drafts, complete research and collect assets for the Technical Case Study, continue to develop your alternative/creative media resume, and read about revision strategies and writing for readability in Writing 2e.